Do you go above-and-beyond for our guests, are you highly friendly, and have an exceptional attention to detail? And can you lead and train a team of butlers to exceed every guests’ expectations? Then we are looking for you!
Hotel TwentySeven is an exceptional and sensational suite boutique hotel, located in the city centre of Amsterdam with a beautiful view of Dam Square and the Rokin. Hotel TwentySeven, Michelin-starred Restaurant Bougainville and Bar TwentySeven is a destination where anything is possible for our guests. It leaves the guest amazed with unique hospitality that consists of fully personalized services, to meet the needs and desires of our guests. Besides our guests, our employees are very important. New colleagues receive a warm welcome and together we provide a workplace where every employee feels safe and at home.
Working as a Butler Manager at Hotel TwentySeven means working in a dynamic setting. Often, you have to unite and collaborate with the different departments to meet all of our guest’ needs and desires. You will be leading and training your staff, and you will join the Management Team. This management team is always looking for ways to improve the hotel and react to market changes.
In short this is what you will do:
- Directing, educating and managing a 4- to 6-person butler team;
- Establishing work schedules;
- Conducting assessments and encouraging the team's development;
- Monitoring work progress and quality of performance, as well as receiving and resolving any complaints or issues from visitors;
- Planning activities for guests and communicating clear with guests and colleagues;
- Giving suggestions to visitors based on their preferences, giving out information about the hotel and offering food and drinks in the suite(s).
You recognize yourself in this:
- Several years of management experience in an operational department;
- Experience as a Butler or a real Chef de Rang. Butler diploma is a plus but not a must;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, with a third language preferred;
- Extensive experience of fine dining service and the ability to effectively impart this expertise to the personnel. In other words, general understanding of etiquette, service abilities, and operational skills;
- Excellent multitasking abilities and stress tolerance;
- High level work experience and attention to detail;
- Extensive work experience and work with meticulous care;
- A proactive and solution-oriented mentality.
What we offer:
- Salary between € 2.800,- and € 4.000,- (gross based on 38 hours, depending on knowledge and experience);
- 8% vacation money and pension;
- Travel allowance outside Amsterdam;
- You will get a Laptop and telephone;
Lunch and/or dinner of respectable quality (depending on your shift);
- 25 vacation days based on a fulltime contract (38 hours);
- Birthdays are not forgotten;
- Learning from the best!
Are you that extra star in the team of Hotel TwentySeven who makes the guests and your employees beam with happiness? Please click on the apply button and submit your resume and motivation letter. Please address your reaction to Jennifer Pielage (Assistent General Manager). Maybe we'll see you soon!