Are you passionate to exceed every expectation, do you have a highly warm and welcoming appearance, and do you want to provide the best service which hospitality has to offer? Then this is THE opportunity to put your skills to the best good!
Hotel TwentySeven is an exclusive and exceptional 16-suite boutique hotel, located in the city centre of Amsterdam with a beautiful view of Dam Square and the Rokin. Hotel TwentySeven, Michelin* Restaurant Bougainville and Bar TwentySeven are destinations where guests have endless possibilities. It leaves the guest amazed with unique hospitality that consists of fully personalized services, to meet the needs and desires of our guests. Besides our guests, our employees are very important. New colleagues receive a warm welcome and together we provide a workplace where every employee feels safe and at home.
As a Butler, you will be part of the excellent team of Hotel TwentySeven, which is motivated to provide guests with the best and most personalised services and create lasting experiences. Perfection is hidden in the smallest yet tangible details for us, it is about a truthful feeling derived from the heart and you should be able to transfer this heartfelt passion to our guests. After their stay, guests will have attached great value to you as a person and everything you have done for them. That is what being a butler in our hotel is about and what makes being a butler in our hotel distinctive.
In short this is what you will do:
- Preparing our suites for arriving guests by using your fine eye for detail and arranging special requests;
- Giving a warm welcome to our guests and showing them everything the suite-, hotel- and city of Amsterdam has to offer them during their stay;
- Serving the quests with beverages and meals from the room service menu in a calm, discrete and courteous manner (on request arranging in-suite dining from our restaurant Bougainville*);
- Being a whole-hearted contact person with whom guests feel entirely comfortable, you will know our guests through and through and could be considered their PA during their stay;
- Anything is possible at Hotel TwentySeven, and you will prove so! You will be able to open up your creative mind and create memorable guest experience touch points;
- Analysing, anticipating and responding to (non-)verbal feedback from guests and sharing your findings with our management-team to create valuable (returning) guest profiles;
- Assisting guests during their stay with butler-like requests, such as: ironing and washing clothes and (un-)packing luggage;
- Operating as an effective link between departments and coordinating with your colleagues from the butler team to provide consistent service.
You recognize yourself in this:
- Hospitality experience is a requirement, preferably experience within a 5 star service environment;
- You have (at least) basic knowledge about gastronomy and are aware of F&B service facets;
- Excellent command of the English language, preferably also speaking Dutch or other languages;
- You have sincere and endless passion for hospitality which allows you to provide heartfelt service, without exceptions;
- You are willing to completely pamper a guest with your charms and passion for hospitality;
- You are familiar with service etiquettes and enjoy being representative;
- You are a team player who adores working closely together with all our young and enthusiastic hospitality professionals in all departments to create phenomenal experiences;
- You are discrete and reflect this to our guests;
- You are solution minded and are able to come up with creative incentives;
- You are a mind reader who is able to anticipate on human behaviour and have remarkable communicational skills;
- You are flexible in terms of working times and are available in the morning, day, night and weekends.
What we offer:
- Salary between € 1.950,- and € 2.400,- (gross based on 38 hours, depending on knowledge and experience);
- 8% vacation money and pension;
- Travel allowance (when you live outside of Amsterdam);
- Collective health insurance;
- Lunch and/or dinner of respectable quality (depending on your shift);
- 25 vacation days (based on a 38-hours fulltime contract);
- Birthdays and staff getaways are not forgotten;
- An inspiring and educational atmosphere in which personal development is greatly valued and you will be able to unfold yourself to your dreams;
- A work environment which is packed with hospitality professionals who have the same high-end vision in terms of service, you will be learning from the best!
Are you that extra star in the team of Hotel TwentySeven who makes the guests and your employees beam with happiness? Please click on the apply button and submit your resume and motivation letter. Please address your reaction to Jennifer Pielage (Assistant General Manager). Maybe we'll see you soon!